USD #379 School District uses a program called e-Funds for Schools. This program offers various options for parents/guardians who choose to make payments on-line and is extremely user friendly. You do not have to make an account. You can continue to pay for your student(s) expenses the way you do now.
With an account you have the ability to:
- Have various school fees and lunch payments electronically withdrawn from your checking account or charged to your credit card for all your students at one time.
- Have the flexibility to make a payment at any time through the school's website.
The district does not request or keep records of family checking or credit card account information.
The "e-Funds For Schools" electronic payment service is provided to the school by a third party service provider. The service provider has a nominal fee for their service similar to other on-line banking services. There is a $1.00 transaction convenience fee for each electronic checking payment that you make. The system carries a Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) charge if the bank denies the payment. For payments made by credit or debit card, there is a convenience fee of $2.45 per each $100 increment in the transaction. When you set up your account, please review your options carefully.
You are in full control of your account and can make a payment at any time that is convenient for you. No payments will be allowed without your knowledge and authorization through this secure payment system. By providing your home and/or work email address, an email notification informing you of the student’s name, purpose of the payment, and the amount of the item will be sent to you each time that a payment is to be processed. You are always able to update your active student(s) in school and bank information from your account management links. The e-Funds For School site is secure and uses industry standard data encryption.
A link is provided on our website and within the PowerSchool parent portal. The online address is http://www.usd379.org/efunds. Once there, a Registration document is available to help you set up your account. You will need to know your student(s) ID number(s).
To add your student to your account use the student number provided by the letter you received by email or contact the school office your student goes to.
How does e-Funds for Schools work?
- Families set up and maintain their own logins, passwords, and payment preferences. Your account information is retained in a password-protected file.
- e-Funds For Schools will help to eliminate last minute check writing hassles, improve efficiencies, and help cut costs for both you and the school district.
- On-line payments will help eliminate the worry that your children could lose or forget the money intended for school items or that it might be spent on other non-school related items.
- Payments from a credit card or checking account may easily be set up.
- Parents/guardians may establish a reoccurring payment or may opt to make a one-time payment.
- The program offers various types of payment to families that may include but are not limited to instructional materials, field trip fees, yearbook fees, graduation fees, and of course food service payments. The system may be expanded to include other fees as well.
- Your payment history for the year is available with a click of the mouse.